Founded in 1919, The American Legion Auxiliary has nearly 1 million members from all walks of life. The Auxiliary administers hundreds of volunteer programs, gives tens of thousands of hours to its communities and to veterans, and raises millions of dollars to support its own programs, as well as other worthwhile charities familiar to Americans. It is all accomplished with volunteers.
While originally organized to assist The American Legion, the Auxiliary has achieved its own unique identity while working side-by-side with the veterans who belong to The American Legion. Like the Legion, the Auxiliary’s interests have broadened to encompass the entire community.
The American Legion Auxiliary is the world’s largest women’s patriotic service organization. Through its nearly 10,500 units located in every state and some foreign countries, the Auxiliary embodies the spirit of America that has prevailed through war and peace. Along with The American Legion, it solidly stands behind America and her ideal.
Yearly Goals & Accomplishments
Included are a few of the goals set by the Auxiliary Members of Post 224:
- Marched in Memorial Day parade
- We held a youth and government day
- Served funeral lunch ins for members and non-members
- We take treats to the teachers during teacher appreciation week
- We sponsor a Badger State Girl
- We help serve with the men chicken Qu's with in the months of April-October
- We participate in the Veterans Day program at the school for the children
- We have some women go to the 3rd grade and show them a video about Veterans and meaning of the flag on Veterans Day
- We serve the men a birthday dinner every March
- We help serve as a fundraiser a spaghetti dinner with the men in February
- We help sell pumpkins with the men as 3 fundraiser
- We donate to the after prom party for the Alma school
- We donate to several veteran programs with-in the year
- We help distribute and make poppies
- We send cards to the rest homes during the holiday season
- We purchase 2 Thanksgiving day dinners
- We send cards to hospitalized members
- We have a Valentine's Day pot luck for our members during February
- We have a Christmas party and pot luck for our members during December and also collect donations for various local organizations in need. In 2015, we help the local Ambulance.
- We serve a Memorial Day pot luck after the parade for our members
- We have a Legion/Auxiliary pork chop dinner in July
- We make the crosses and get them ready for Memorial Day in June
- We give a scholarship to a local junior member their senior year
To Learn More - Please Email Us Today!
- We knitted or crocheted skull caps for over seas Veterans