Current Page: Programs > Badger Boys State
Badger Boys State
The American Legion Post 224 has supported the Badge Boys State Program for several years. This year we were able to raise and send one local High School Junior to the program. With help from the community, we were able to raise:
See Eligibility Requirement Below
The 75th session of BBS will be held from June 11-18, 2016 at Ripon College, Ripon, WI.
The Badger Boys State staff will introduce you to the program with a look at the history of Badger Boys State throughout the years, where it stands today, and where we hope to go in the future. Our staff is excited to share with you their experiences at Badger Boys State, and will try to put into words why they come back year after year to be a part of the program.
Each of the three days available will have a slightly different program depending on the Badger Boys State activities scheduled for the day and time the visitor is on campus. The only price of admission for the Legion family is that we request you wear your Legion cap, Legion Auxiliary cap, or SAL cap while on campus.
See the Badger Boys in action. Dates available:
- Tuesday June 14, 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM School days
- Thursday June 16, 4:00 PM to 8:30 PM Inaugural Ceremony
- Friday June 17, 3:00 PM to 8:30 PM Veteran's service
Times are approximate; you will be notified by email or phone of exact times. Each sponsor or post representative will be able to join your Badger Boys State candidate for one meal compliments of BBS. Space is limited and we will accommodate those wishing to attend on a first-come first-served basis.
- Young men who have just completed their junior year in high school and have their senior year remaining before graduation are eligible. Home-schooled students are eligible, but must be considered among the pool of students in their area school district.
- Each boy must be sponsored by an organization that pays all sponsorship fees.
- Participants should be from the upper third of the class, but may vary due to school population. Each school should have a selection process to choose a deserving student.
- Local American Legion Posts as well as community organizations may be a sponsor.
- A sponsorship fee of $250 per student covers all costs for the student to attend.
- Reservations are first come, first serve. The deadline was January 31, 2016. However, as long as there are spots available, BBS will accept reservations. Call The American Legion Headquarters to check availability at (608) 745-1090.
- After Badger Boys State receives payment for sponsorship, registration cards will be sent to the sponsor. For each sponsorship received, a primary delegate card and an alternate delegate card are sent. The sponsor presents the cards to the local high school. The high school selects a primary and alternate student. The students register on line using the information provided on the card. This should be done as soon as possible. The student brings the registration card (also contains medical consent information) to BBS in June.
- In the event the primary delegate is unable to attend, the alternate may attend. The school and The American Legion Headquarters should be notified of this change at (608) 745-1090.
- In the event a high school is unable to find enough students to attend for the allotted sponsorships, Badger Boys State requests sponsors contact us for alternative sponsorship ideas. However, if alternative plans are not satisfactory, requests for full refund must be made in writing to Badger Boys State by March 31, 2016. After this date, no refunds will be made.
- We encourage your delegates and alternates to attend a live orientation. The schedule of orientations is posted on our website www.badgerboysstate.com Please check often, since information is updated frequently.
Need A Sponsor?
Email us now to see if the Legion Post 224 can Sponsor you this year.